Become a member today!
Renewing your membership or joining WCAB is a great way to reconnect with Boston-area alumnae and engage in a wide variety of networking, social and service activities and events in the coming year. Your membership will run 365 days from the day you join or renew.
While everyone is a member of WCAB who resides in Boston-area zip codes, we encourage you to become a dues-paying member to support the club and offset the cost of events. Membership will also entitle you to attend most activities and events for either no charge or at a discounted price, with preference for popular or space-limited events. Your membership dues depend on your class year and are payable at the time you initially join the group and upon each annual renewal of your membership.
- $40 Regular Membership*
- $80 Sponsoring Membership (optional, if you would like to support the group at a higher level)
- $25 Young Alumnae (graduates from the last 10 years)
- Class of 2020 Free!
- Alumnae of more than 50 years (graduates from 1970 and earlier) - Free!
- $30 per Book - Book Awards
- $50 WCAB Scholarship Fund (suggested amount)
- Spirit Fund donation - to cover the cost of a ticketed event for another alum
* Dues for graduates from more than 50 years ago (classes 1970 and earlier) are optional.
The “Frequently Asked Questions” below are answers to some common inquiries that we receive. We hope you find them helpful as you join WCAB or renew your membership.
Explanation of Membership and FAQs
1. Do I need to renew my membership every year to maintain my status as a WCAB member?Yes, even if the cost is $0. There are no lifetime memberships for WCAB.
2. What if I join or renew my membership midway through a membership year?
WCAB memberships are now rolling, running one year from the date of renewal. For example, if you join or renew on November 16, your membership is valid until the following November 16.
3. To whom should I make my membership dues check payable?
Please make all checks payable to “WCAB”.
4. Where does the money from membership dues go?
Your tax-deductible membership dues support WCAB in its mission to serve as a resource for Boston-area alumnae and enhance connections between alumnae and Wellesley through, among other things, our programming, admissions efforts, and our printed newsletters. Each additional dues-paying member also allows us to increase our annual contribution to the WCAB Scholarship Fund, which helps support a local student attending Wellesley. We couldn't do all of this without you!
5. What happens if I accidentally renew my membership and pay twice during the membership year?
We encourage you to verify your membership status before renewing (see #8, below). All duplicate dues payments will be automatically applied to the WCAB Scholarship Fund, which provides assistance to a local young woman attending Wellesley College. If you have any questions or concerns on duplicate payments, please contact our Co-Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Where do I send the check?
Please send all membership dues to:
WCAB Membership, 332 Jamaicaway Unit 5 Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
7. Can I pay my membership dues via PayPal?
No, WCAB does not have a method for accepting dues through PayPal. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
8. Can I check to see if I'm already a member or if my membership is still valid?
This feature is coming soon to our new website! In the meantime, please email to inquire: email@example.com