Wellesley College invites you to join the virtual celebration of our new Science Complex next Monday.
In spring 2022, Wellesley completed the ambitious reimagining of the Science Complex, the most significant capital project the College has undertaken in the past 100 years. The new Science Complex represents a critical investment in our students, our faculty, and our future.
To mark the opening of its newly transformed Science Complex, the College is convening a half day series of events on October 3 to celebrate the power of STEM. The program will include:
- 2 to 3 pm: Opening remarks by President Paula A. Johnson and Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito, followed by a keynote speech from Reshma Kewalramani, M.D., CEO and president of Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- 3 to 4 pm: Panel discussion focused on changing the culture of STEM with leaders from higher education, government, life sciences, and technology:
- Jake Auchincloss, United States Representative for Massachusetts
- Dana Im ’10 M.D., director of quality and safety, department of emergency medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Reshma Kewalramani, M.D., CEO and president, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Nergis Mavalvala ’90, Ph.D., dean of the MIT School of Science; Curtis and Kathleen Marble Professor of Astrophysics, MIT
This celebration is part of STEM Forward, an effort that will continue throughout the year with events highlighting the role of science and technology in confronting some of our greatest challenges, new programming from career education, and rich storytelling around Wellesley’s leadership in the sciences.