It’s time for Reunion 2023! The Wellesley College Alumnae Association (WCAA) welcomes you back May 26 - 28 for a wonderful weekend that will bring back old memories and create new ones. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend interesting faculty lectures, receptions, visit the newly renovated Science Complex, tour Global Flora and, of course, take part in the Alumnae Parade! We hope you’ll come back to your beautiful alma mater and reconnect with your classmates and friends.
1. The deadline for Reunion Registration is May 8th. As you know, we will be at Babson, but have a place for meeting and programs on the Wellesley Campus. I urge everyone who can get to Reunion to register by the 8th! If you are wondering what it will be like to be ‘off campus’ rest assured that there will be shuttle buses to campus —and that Babson has hotel style rooms and dining options. Click on or go to this link to see for yourselves!
Book your overnight room at Babson Executive Conference Center (if you plan to stay) as soon as possible by calling (781) 239-5649 or emailing email@example.com. Room inventory is dwindling!
2. Please register for Reunion here. To register, you will need:
- Your Wellesley username and password. If you do not know your Wellesley username or password, you can find that information by entering a few pieces of information here.
- A note about logging in: In the Email Address box enter your Wellesley username followed by @wellesley.edu, like this: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username alone will not work, nor will any other email address. The email used must end in @wellesley.edu
If you are having trouble logging in please contact the Computing Help Desk at 781-283-7777 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET), Monday - Friday or email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, a member of the Alumnae office team can take your reservation over the telephone by calling 781-283-2331.
Please complete our class of 1963 survey here. Sally Merrill will present the findings at our class reunion dinner on Saturday night.
Please complete and return your record book entry page to Roz Monter.
If you are having trouble with any of these steps, please call the Alumnae Association at 781-283-2331 for assistance.
Harriet Tobin '63
Carol Clingan '63
3. Class Record Book and Celebration of Creativity
’6 3 @ 6 0 a f t e r . . . .
January 19, 2023
Hello, ’63 Classmates!
2023 is here and with it, our 60th Wellesley Class Reunion, scheduled for May 26-28.
So: Muster your energy! Zip up your Basic Gold and join ‘63’s Golden Girl Platoon for rich and fun re-connections with old friends as we color our Wellesley memories with the wisdom of our “Golden Years”. Our Reunion Committee has worked since October to create stimulating & engaging activities for a fun, heartwarming weekend at Wellesley. More details will follow soon, with registration information.
And even beyond the Committee’s plans, two other classmates invite all of us to share our own and celebrate everyone’s Creativity (For details, see the “Creativity” notice below.)
Meanwhile, right now it’s time to join in creating our 60th Reunion ’63 Record Book.
Like so much lately, this year’s Record Book requires change. Tech and publishing shifts have prompted the Alumnae Association to adopt online tools for Reunion registration and they want the same for our Record Books, including:
- contributing our individual updates, news and photos via the online form linked below;
- assembling our responses, college communications and class directories into a PDF (portable document format),
- posting the full PDF on the secure, password-protected class website for ‘63 classmates to access and download.
“But . . . what about the book?” Much-increased publishing & shipping costs, plus our awareness of widespread downsizing with many wanting NOT to add books, persuaded the committee to select online posting over printing. For those who nonetheless want a book to hold, a wonderfully economical solution was devised by Cherie Buresh Weil: she printed her online high school PDF class record on her own printer, then had the pages spiral bound with covers at a franchise print shop for a nominal sum. Printers I consulted about publishing prices suggested the same option.
Let’s get started:
1. CLICK on the “’60-after update-response form” link below to get your update response form on screen.
2. ENTER your responses in the update fields: addresses, phones, emails; who/what make up your immediate family/activities; upload a photo or two. In the “News, Views, Truths” section share (up to 500 words) what’s on your mind, in your heart, what’s happened or happening in your life. What you want to share is best, but the nudges below may be a start:
- Your experience with Covid and/or other current events: harrowing, hollowing or hallowing?
- Has the recent past shifted your world view or confidence in the future? How?
- What has ever given or now gives you the most joy in life? Why?
- What changes (yours, the nation’s, the world’s) do you plan, hope for – or fear?
- Does your time at Wellesley still influence you? How?
3. Submit your completed form by midnight Wednesday, February 15. (I can’t promise including later submissions.)
4. Everyone will be notified when the Record Book PDF is posted on the ‘63 website, with full access details.
So as soon as you can, click the link below, complete & submit update-response forms by Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
Submit your "60-after" update-response form
A L S O: In a separate CELEBRATION of ’63’s CREATIVITY . . .
Judy Armayor Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, & Nancy Walker Benjamin, email@example.com, invite all interested '63 alumnae to share a one-page contribution of their writing (maybe, but not necessarily), poetry, drawings, photos as art or photos of paintings or sculpture. Initially the collection will be posted on our class website and later perhaps evolve into a booklet.
Email your creative contributions to Judy by March 1.
Many thanks and all good wishes,
Roz Monter, ’63’s 60th Reunion Record Book Editor
2001 Sherman Avenue, #502
Evanston, IL 60201-3265