The second session of "Getting Your Affairs in Order" took place on Tuesday, November 15: Dealing with Digital Assets.
There were two presenters:
- Kristin Dzialo received her B.A. in International Affairs from Northeastern University and her J.D. from New England Law. She is a partner at Rubin and Rudman LLP in Boston, where her practice focuses on assisting individuals and families on articulating their legacy through the organized process of designing, drafting, and executing comprehensive estate plans, using revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and other estate planning vehicles. She was honored in 2022 by the Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as one of the “Top Women of Law”.
- Betsy L. Ehrenberg is the founder and CEO of Legacy Concierge, which offers estate planning for the digital era. She founded Legacy Concierge in 2017; it is located in Silicon Valley, CA. She has been awarded and recognized in a variety of arenas and has been Keynote Speaker at the Association for Computer Operations Management.
One of the services that Betsy's company provides is "Legacy Vault," which is a way organize your accounts and digital footprints online. She is offering classmates who attend this session the opportunity to use Legacy Vault at no cost (the normal cost is $75.00). Susan Forbes Martin says she's given it a try and found it helpful. If you'd like to explore it, click here.
In addition, Barbara Bywater Creed shared "Spare the Heir." Her document, based on hard-won experience, outlines what information you should capture.
You can view the presentation here.
You can view Kristin's slides here.
You can view Betsy's slides here.
We'll be sending details closer to the date:
Session #3: Tuesday, December 6 at 3:00 eastern - "Last Best Act" - choices for burial options
Resources you may find helpful:
- “Checklist for My Family” from AARP. This is a very thorough guide. To get a copy go to aarp.org/bookstore; it's also available on Amazon
- “I’m Dead – Now What” end of life planner. Similar to the book from AARP but not quite as thorough. Available on Amazon
- “The Survivor’s Survival Guide (AKA Spare the Heir)” – Word document from our classmate, Barbara Creed – a great introduction - see it here.
- “Do You Have a Plan?” a Guide to Estate Planning – Tiffany O’Connell (Susan Martin’s estate plan law firm). The link to get a copy is https://focustaonow.com/
- “Our Last Best Act” Planning for the End of Our Lives – by Mallory McDuff, our Session #3 speaker – available on Amazon