What a fabulous fiftieth reunion! Thank you to Susan Haltmaier and Susan Carter Madden for co-chairing our wonderful 50th. And thanks to the reunion committee and everyone else who worked on reunion. Please check out our online record book.
There were numerous opportunities for '73 cheers during the 143rd Annual Meeting of the Wellesley College Alumnae Association.
Class president Lynne Miller was awarded the Syrena Stackpole Award. Awarded each year during reunion, "the Syrena Stackpole Award recognizes an alumna for her lifetime of outstanding service and dedication to Wellesley." We also applaud Lynne for her five years of inspiring class leadership!
Reunion co-chairs Susan Haltmaier and Susan Carter Madden won the 1891 Reunion Attendance Cup with our class's reunion attendance of 40%! Congratulations to Susan and Susan and the entire reunion committee.
Class Wellesley Fund rep Jane Risser won the Participation Cup for her tireless work raising funds on behalf of Wellesley - and it brought results! Our class had a donor participation of 97%!Because of the work of Jane and her dedicated committee, we broke our class records for Durant Society donors (85, the most for any class this year) and class reunion total ($8,839,289).
There were many other highlights:
- Friday dinner with our own Jane Condon's scintillating and hilarious comedy;
- On Saturday morning, we were challenged by a thought-provoking discussion with our class dean Maud Chaplin;
- Followed by an outstanding, contemplative, interactive discussion led by Karen Grigsby Bates and Callie Crossley;
- After lunch, we were treated to a fascinating interview with Luisa Segato Johnson about her childhood;
- In the evening, a delicious, sparkling dinner at the Science Center was preceded by comments from Wellesley College president Paula Johnson;
- On Sunday, the always spirited and colorful Alumnae Parade brought alums of all ages together (thank you to Kathy Conklin for the awesome panoramic photo);
- Stepsinging completed our fabulous reunion weekend; '73 was exuberantly led by class marshals Debbie Redman Lavin and Debbie Kaegebein.
- And, throughout the entire reunion, many moments for us to renew friendships and make new friends.
We’re sharing in this newsletter a link to the reunion video shown in Shafer, which includes photos from our time at Wellesley, graduation, reunions through the 45th, and mini-reunions and get-togethers. The link to the almost 15-minute video is on DropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbqzarffruds3v1/Wellesley%2050th%20ReunionFinal.mp4?dl=0
There were many photo posters displayed in Shafer, including four memorial posters of our deceased classmates. You can find them online in two places: on the class website https://alum.wellesley.edu/class-of-1973/mini-reunions/photo-albums/~resource-collection/6399?element_id=5571&page_id=1516 or on DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/k8ykel4z6j3ioloxcidp6/h?dl=0&rlkey=pebbonhpzmp7jh4nehkuer11o