Welcome to 45th Reunion Planning
Save the Date: Friday, June 3rd -- Sunday, June 5th 2022
If you interested in serving on a Reunion Planning committee, please contact Class VP Susan Jacobsen Stone at VicePresident@wellesleyclassof1977.org. Check out the Reunion Planning Overview below and the many volunteer roles we need to fill for a successful reunion. We would love to have you join us!
45th Reunion Planning Overview
The Reunion Committee will include the Chair (VP Susan Jacobsen Stone), Class Treasurer (Laura Hussong), Wellesley Fund Representative (Frannie Wallace Robertson), Nominations Chair (Helen Kriz Marshall), Co-President support (Michele Tinsley Leonard), plus the chair of each committee.
As Reunion Chair, Susan will be the ultimate point of contact for Committee recruitment. Anyone interested in serving should contact Susan and/or Susan will follow up with leads. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reunion Committees are a great way for incoming Class Officers to get their feet wet and begin to bond, and for anyone interested in being involved in the 50th Reunion to gain experience.
Each committee will identify a chair or co-chairs for its committee after it meets.
Outreach & Communications Committee
- Craft and handle Reunion messaging on all platforms in concert with Class Officers who lead communications for the Class
- Plan and lead outreach—including strategic outreach to increase diversity in terms of racial/ethnic, regional, LGTBQ, and socioeconomic representation
- Plan and organize activities for our Class outside of College-offered activities – examples from our 40th Reunion include the intergenerational luncheon, yoga, and peppermint pie
- Plan and organize the In Memoriam session (honoring classmates who have passed on)
- Plan and host Friday Social Hour
- Plan ambience and decorate the dorm (often in alignment with the Reunion theme)
- Staff the Welcome Table
- Plan ways for classmates to feel welcome and have an affirming, memorable experience
- Supervise Student Volunteers
Saturday Evening Committee
Plan and host the Saturday evening Social Hour, Dinner, and Dinner program
Propose and purchase swag, including swag for the parade
Record Book Committee
- Determine parameters for content – what to ask classmates to contribute
- Handle submissions and compilation of content
- Decide on format (digital, hard copy) and distribution plan
- Plan and organize how the class marches in the parade
- Organizes the Class for the Class Photo
REMEMBERING OUR 40th REUNION
► We did it with style
► We did it with heart: Trudi Berlin Hays remembers our 40th in verse
"My thoughts on returning from Wellesley Reunion 2017"
Helen our pres has been a great leader
These last 5 years she couldn’t be sweeter
We had dinners at Lulu, Laura led some in yoga
It is rumored that in the parade there was even a toga
We gathered by classes giving many a cheer
As the myriad of ladies marched by with their year
Many wore white and our parasols were green
Many took pictures to record what was seen.
We saw green braided hair, green wig and more
There were beads, and glitter and fun galore!
► We Captured The Fun In Photos And Videos:
See us on Shutterfly, with thanks to MaryAnne Kirgan, our unofficial class photographer who took most of the photos. Download for free.
- ALL our photos -- And, some videos too
- Reunion overview
- Friday Night Dinner
- Saturday Class Meeting and Memorial
- Intergenerational Luncheon, Discussion on Racial Justice
- Photos from the Saturday Night Dinner photo booth
- Alumnae Parade, Stepsinging
- Wellesley Magazine reunion gallery
- Watch the Wellesley College reunion highlights video
► We Held our 40th Reunion Class Meeting: What was said and done.
We elected a new slate of officers.
- Co-President: Rachel Sing and Michele Tinsley Leonard
- Co-Secretary: Julie MacMillan and Polly Munts Talen
- Treasurer: Laura Hussong
- Co-Vice President: Kathy Pulley Killian* and Susan Jacobsen Anselmo Stone
- Wellesley Fund Rep: Kay Telesford* Simmons
- (*Since our meeting, Kathy Pulley Killian has stepped down and Frannie Wallace Robertson has replaced Kay Simmons Telesford)
► We remembered classmates no longer with us in a memorial service led by Rev. Irene Monroe and Peyton Morris Petty.
Read the complete minutes here.
► We Supported Wellesley – Fundraising Update:
Congratulate yourself. The 40th reunion class of 1977 raised a five-year reunion gift of $2,279,795 in cash and commitments. We surpassed our goal of 50 percent alumnae participation—that’s the percentage of class members who are donors--and closed FY17 with 54.1 percent participation, a new class record. We had 28 Durant Society members who gave $2,500 or more in a single year. By comparison, we finished FY16 with 43.6 percent participation and 17 Durant Society members. Overall alumnae participation reached 49 percent this past fiscal year, just shy of the College's goal of 50 percent.
Remember, it takes only a dollar to become a donor. www.wellesley.edu/give
► We Did It With Spirit:
Our thanks to the classmates who contributed to our 40th Reunion Spirit Fund to help underwrite Reunion expenses for classmates in need.
Laura Becker-Lewke ♦ Laura Buchanan ♦ Susan Buchanan♦ Anne Byerly ♦ Susan Caplan ♦ Anne Chaffee ♦ Robyn Cole ♦ Katherine Cowell ♦ Elisabeth Crane ♦ Ann Crigler ♦ Cynthia Dahlin ♦ Florence Denhard ♦ Mary Driscoll ♦ Donna Drvaric ♦ Fiona Ertugrul ♦ Lisa Esserman ♦ Diana Farmer ♦ Catherine Farnsworth ♦ Virginia Flanagan ♦ Janet Gray ♦ Kim Himmelfarb ♦ Lucy Hinckley ♦ Elneita Hutchins-Taylor ♦ Nanci Kountz ♦ Elizabeth Lambert ♦ Sarah Lemaire ♦ Michele Leonard ♦ Julia MacMillan ♦ Judith McBride ♦ Willajeanne McLean ♦ Eva Moldovanyi ♦ Elizabeth Monsell ♦ Adele Morrissette ♦ Diane Muscarella ♦ Christine Muth ♦ Sue Nichols ♦ Josephine Norris ♦ Celeste Pelc ♦ Peyton Petty ♦ Threelsie Phillips ♦ Mary Rafferty ♦ Jeri Riggs ♦ Frances Robertson ♦ Laura Rodriguez ♦ Avis Seals ♦ Cynthia Shapira ♦ Kay Simmons ♦ Rachel Sing ♦ Jessica Strauss ♦ Jean Thompson ♦ Elizabeth Volpone ♦ Susan Webster ♦ Sherry Zitter