Winter 2022 UPDATE
NOTE: Things have changed in regard to giving to our Class. The Class of 1977 no longer collects annual dues or lifetime memberships, although funds from all previous lifetime memberships continue to support our Class. You will find details below as well as a link to support the the College, Wellesley Student Aid Society and the Wellesley Racial Justice Initiative.
Give to The Wellesley Fund These gifts are in direct support of Wellesley College. They are used to address the college's top priorities listed below. Designations can be made to areas of your particular interest or given to the overall fund at the link above.
- Supports robust financial aid so that we can meet 100 percent of calculated financial need for promising students from all social and economic backgrounds.
- Furthers our mission to achieve true excellence in liberal arts education through innovative teaching and research.
- Updates our learning facilities to maintain state-of-the-art standards.
- Keeps our campus beautiful and inspiring.
- Addresses the unique challenges of meeting our mission during a global pandemic.
Give to the Student Aid Society's Class of 1977 Gift Fund -- This fund supports the Wellesley Students’ Aid Society to support individual Wellesley College students at the discretion of the Society. Please specify 'Class of 1977 Gift Fund'. (These gifts are not considered as "participation" in the overall Wellesley Fund though obviously supportive of the College's mission.)
Give to the Wellesley Racial Justice Initiative (WRJI) -- These gifts support the work of WRJI founded by our three classmates Jessica Strauss, Sherry Zitter and Micheal Tinsley Leonard at our 40th Reunion in 2017. WRJI is now a non-profit organization and independent of the College though works with WCAA, Classes , Clubs and individual alums to mobilize the network of Wellesley graduates and our extended community - at individual, social, institutional and political levels - to confront racism, increase equity and power for the historically oppressed, and eradicate racialized economic and social disparity. (To find more info and/or volunteer go to: WRJI.org)
- An Update on our Class Treasury
- The Wellesley College Alumnae Association (WCAA) has reported that during FY22, Wellesley clubs and classes will move away from a dues structure to create an open membership model that welcomes all alums and simplifies the administration of alumnae groups. The Class Lifetime Membership (CLM) program will be phased out, with no new CLM purchases. Classes will continue to receive distributions of CLM investment dividends to their treasuries.