Hello Class of 1999,
World events certainly have had each of us running the gauntlet of emotions. We hope that you have been able to reflect back on a moment at Wellesley, a classmate, a professor or even a special place on campus that brings you joy and peacefulness. We all could use it these days!
Our officer team often reminisces on our Wellesley experiences to renew the commitment we made to the Class last year: to create an even stronger network that weaves our class together.
In this note, you’ll find:
- An update on a new effort we experimented with this year - “Where's That '99er Now?” Speaker Series, as well as
- A few ways our Class of 1999 can better support the College during this new normal and how you can get involved.
“Where's That '99er Now?”Speaker Series
Quarterly zoom interviews featuring in-depth conversations with our classmates on timely topics.
- February: Michelle Au on running for State Senate in Georgia
- April: Gloria Tsan on combating COVID-19
- August: Naana Boakye on starting a business
- December: TBD- nominations are open
Supporting the College
- Lifetime Class Membership: Thank you to everyone who has made an investment in our class to buy endowment shares to help support us. The goal is to have 25% join as lifetime members by the 25th reunion. Currently we are at 17%. It’s a gift that keeps on giving as the interest earned goes directly to our class treasury to help fund reunion. A Lifetime Class Membership is $299 and available online.
- Donation as a gift: Our class can also accept donations that help offset future reunion costs. They make a great gift- holiday, birthday, honor a big milestone: donate to celebrate a friend!
- Matching Gifts: As a class we decided to help support the Wellesley Fund in June to support students with a matching gift of $1,000. Thank you to all our classmates who donated!
We are always open and ready to hear suggestions as to how we can better connect our class. Drop us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and please VOTE!
Ashlee, Molly and the Officers Team