OPEN BOARD POSITIONS for academic year July 2019-June 2020
- Nominations due by June 1, 2019; please email WCLosAngeles@alum.wellesley.edu
- The term of office shall begin at the close of the annual meeting (on June 23, 2019). In general, board members shall serve two years; any vacancy in an elective office occuring between annual meetings may be filled for the remainder of the year by the president with the approval of the board of directors.
- There are quarterly (4) board meetings throughout the year that board members are requested to attend.
- There are also board calls between quarterly board meetings for board officers which board members are invited to join.
Shared Identity Group Representatives: Two (2) open positions
A Shared Identity Group (SIG) Representative's responsibilities include:
- SIGs collaborate with the College to promote and celebrate diversity.
- Fostering outreach to SIG constituents.
- Partnering and communicating with SIG leaders.
- Working with the president and program chair to incorporate the interest of area SIG alumnae.
1) Wellesley Jewish Alumnae (WJA) Representative
- Sponsor programs such as Shabbat Across the Miles, during which alumnae in varoius cities will meet on the same night for Shabbat-related activities.
- Reach out to Jewish students on campus through the College rabbi, Dean Bodian.
2) Wellesley Asian Alumnae Alliance (W3A) Representative
- With almost 4,000 Asian-identifying alumnae under our umbrella, the purpose of W3A is to facilitate networking, mentoring, leadership, and career development opportunities targeted towards supporting our shared community.
- Through the commitment of active alumnae and the efforts of the elected Governing Board, W3A has continued to build its organizational structure both nationally and internationally by partnering with local clubs and other SIGs since October 2013.
- Designs programs which appeal to the club diverse constituency and to plan the year's calendar of events;
- Informs the Alumnae Office of plans and activities by forwarding copies of event attendance lists.
The positions below have been filled, and new board members accepted their position at the Annual Meeting on June 23, 2019.
FILLED - Alumnae Admission Representative (AAR) for Los Angeles (partner with AAR from OC)
An Alumnae Admission Representative (AAR) organizes local contact with students, high schools, and parent to acquaint them with Wellesley College and assists the Office of Admission with applicants.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Supervises and coordinates committee of alumnae who attend high school college fairs, interviews prospective students, visits high schools, organizes small group visits to campus, and assists with the Book Award Program if no book award chair.
- Plans gatherings for prospective students, ideally with young/recent alumnae/current students in attendance.
- Plans gatherings for accepted students.
- Coordinates programs based on Admission staff travel schedule.
FILLED - Photographer and Photo Curator (Communications Team)
- Take photographs at WCLA events.
- Curate photo albums on WCLA website.
- Provide photos (from albums) for monthly e-newsletter.
FILLED - Treasurer (positions for two co-treasurers)
- Oversees club finances, collects dues, and receives proceeds from tickets and other moneys.
- Assists the president and other officers in preparing and maintaining program budgets and financial controls.
- Maintains and supervises club bank accounts; co-signs bank account with club president.
- Pays all club bills.
- Prepares and submits financial statements to the president and the board of directors.
- Files IRS Form 990 (as required for organizations independently exempt from income tax and for those with average gross receipts over $25,000 per year) or annual financial reports to the Alumnae office.
- Remits to the Alumnae office by July 1 annually twenty-five (25) cents for each dues-paid member for the Council Travel Fund.
- Submits the annual financial report to the club president and the Alumnae Association.
FILLED - Secretary
- Handle and maintain records of club correspondence.
- Maintain official records of meetings.
- Informs officers of deadlines for reports, mailing and future correspondence.
- Coordinate mailing of notices/newsletters to area alumnae.
- Maintain a roster of officers and other board members with current address, telephone and email information.
- Inform the Alumnae Office of plans and activities by forwarding copies of all newsletters and special reports.