The New York Wellesley Club actively participates in the Wellesley College Book Award program, honoring promising students in New York City's five boroughs. This important program is supported by membership dues.
During the 2014-2015 academic year, the Club honored 14 New York City high school students from 13 local schools by presenting them with book awards - copies of The Norton Book of Women's Lives. Book Awards were awarded at the following schools:
- Bronx Coalition Community School for Technology
- Pan American International High School
- High School of World Cultures
- Metropolitan Soundview High School
- Academy of Mount St. Ursula
- Aquinas High School
- The Nightingale-Bamford School
- Horace Mann
- The Hewitt School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Chaplin School
- Staten Island Academy
- Susan Wagner High School
The Club is always interested in growing its program. If you know of a New York City high school that would benefit from participating, or if you would like to volunteer to help us administer the program, please complete this form so the Club can contact you.