During this time of social isolation,the normal activities of our very active club have been suspended. I hope all alumnae who might need assistance will reach out. One of your Wellesley sisters might be able to help. If you need help or just want to chat about the club, please email me
Out of about 120 alumnae in the area, our Club boasts about 70 who have been involved in recent years and who drive to our meetings from as far away as Lakeland and Boca Grande. The following Club activities have kept us connected and promotes local awareness of Wellesley:
- College Fairs and Book Awards to attract outstanding young women from area high schools;
- Monthly program meetings in season, usually with a speaker, to which husbands and other guests are welcomed;
- Community Service project with the Mothers & Infants Program at First Step
- Book Group that meets monthly on the first Monday at 11:30 am, November through April
- Film Group that meets on the 3rd Monday for a late afternoon film followed by dinner and discussion and a local restaurant
- Monthly Electronic Newsletter to keep everyone up to date and maintain our connection with those who cannot always attend meetings;
We are planning a virtual annual meeting to make some decisions via email this year that we would normally make at our April meeting, so look for a communication in mid-April.
We hope to get back to our normal activities in the fall.
Julia Morrison Griffith '71