We value your commitment to Wellesley, and we want to be clear in our expectations for how you engage as a volunteer on behalf of the Alumnae Association. This Volunteer Agreement articulates core commitments that we expect from all of our volunteers.
Thank you for all you do for Wellesley!
Please acknowledge the following:
As a volunteer I will...
- Be guided by the Volunteer Tenets.
- Give to The Wellesley Fund at a capacity that is comfortable for me by June 30 each year.
For decades, a point of pride for Wellesley has been the number of alumnae who make gifts to the College. Outside granting agencies, when weighing the College's requests for support against those from other colleges, ask what percentage of alums make gifts. They view this figure as an endorsement of the value of a Wellesley education. Your donation—of any size—helps ensure that today's students have access to the same high quality education that previous generations experienced.
Commit to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within the alumnae community.
We have compiled educational resources on these topics that you are encouraged to review.
- Watch: Who, Me? Biased? New York Times (3 min)
- Read: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh, Wellesley Centers for Women (20 min)
- Read: Perspective: Intersectionality by Tyree Oredein ’98 (5 min)
Watch: Casually Ableist Language Annie Elainey (7 min)
- Review: A Guide to Gender Indentity Terms NPR (5 min)
- Reference: Wellesley’s Mission and Gender Policy (5 min)
- Reference: Interfaith Calendar (5 min)