We value your commitment to Wellesley, and we want to be clear in our expectations for how you engage as a volunteer on behalf of the Alumnae Association. This Volunteer Agreement articulates core commitments that we expect from all of our volunteers.
Thank you for all you do for Wellesley!
Please acknowledge the following:
As a volunteer I will...
- Be guided by the Volunteer Tenets.
- Give to the Wellesley Fund at a capacity that is comfortable for me by June 30 each year.
For decades, a point of pride for Wellesley has been the number of alumnae who make gifts to the College. Alum participation in the Wellesley Fund is an external indicator of the strength of our alumnae community. We are asking our volunteers to reinvigorate giving to Wellesley, especially at this critical time when the College is investing millions in student learning during the challenges of COVID-19. We realize that this is a challenging time for many. Your donation—of any size—helps ensure that today's students have the same high quality education that previous generations experienced.
- Commit to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within the alumnae community.
We have compiled educational resources on these topics that you are encouraged to review in advance of our meetings together.
- Watch: Who, Me? Biased? New York Times (3 min)
- Read: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh, Wellesley Centers for Women (20 min)
- Listen: 'Not Racist' Is Not Enough NPR’s Life Kit (21 min)
- Read: Perspective: Intersectionality by Tyree Oredein ’98 (5 min)
Watch: Casually Ableist Language Annie Elainey (7 min)
- Review: Glossary of Terms Human Rights Campaign (5 min)
- Reference: Wellesley’s Mission and Gender Policy (5 min)