Saturday, November 14, 2-3:30 pm VIRTUAL & FREE
Thu Nguyen '02 will teach watercolor and skills to make vibrant posters for social justice events and other occasions!
Come ready to paint, or just follow along to learn more about how to get creative at home. Children are welcome to join!
Register online here. We will send the Zoom link 1-2 days before the event.
If you want to get really crafty, Thu suggests getting the following supplies. Otherwise, grab a pen, paper, and any other art supplies that you may have around the house.
- Pencil and ruler
- Watercolors in a variety of floral colors like yellow, red, and green. Some pinks and purples are great too, but choose what you like:
- I use mostly inks: Pebeo Colorex and Dr. Ph Martin’s.
- If you have a watercolor palette or tubes, you are also welcome to use those.
- Paper: Arches cold press (the pads are lovely), Strathmore 300 or 400 watercolor series, any cheapo watercolor paper to practice on.
- Brushes: any you have will work, but the ones I use are Princeton watercolor brushes (very soft brushes), Grumbacher (stiffer brushes, and I can use them interchangeably with acrylics and gouaches)
- Art supply stores: I am ordering online almost exclusively these days, and in this order: