Sunday, May 31, from 11am to 1:30pm - at the St. Bartholomew’s Church Soup Kitchen (off Prospect St. and Sterling Ave.) in White Plains, N.Y.
Join us for a special Day to Make a Difference activity, where WIW volunteers make and serve lunch (and provide left-overs) to 55 guests at St. Bartholomew’s Church Soup Kitchen. You can choose how you’re able to help.
We need volunteers to:
- Prepare food and drop it off at the Church by 11:00 a.m.
- Set up, heat and assemble meal
- Serve the meal and greet guests
- Clean up
We need volunteers who can help on-site. The schedule is generally:
- 10:55 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. for heating and serving
- 11:55 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. for serving and cleanup
We need the following food items – enough to feed 55 people - so please sign up to bring:
- Trays of baked ziti (warm or at room temperature)
- Large baguettes/ bread or rolls
- Apples, oranges or clementines
- Bags of frozen peas and carrots
- Easy to assemble salad makings
- Cookies, brownies
Families with children aged 12+ are welcome.
RSVP by May 27 to Liz Marrinan at email@example.com. Please tell her how you can contribute – a food donation, on site assistance or both. We hope to see you there!
The entrance to the Soup Kitchen is located behind the Church building, which is at 82 Prospect Street and Sterling Avenue, in White Plains. Enter through the driveway on Sterling Avenue.